View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 PM
bksumm
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2009

I have been to Monterrey several times on my own and flying with Fed Ex. The website should be a good source of information. Near the Fiesta Americana there is the Macro Plaza with the Governmental Palace and the some museums. My wife and I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art and liked it...but that was many years ago. They have a Sesame Street theme park and an old Foundry that has been turned into an attraction. I have seen promotion for a "river walk" in Monterrey but haven't been. I understand that the Fed Ex driver is available for hire to give tours. If you like the outdoors, the nearby mountains have some activities that should be fun. Restaurants...I like Calypso, and had a good meal at "El Rey de Cabrito" near the Fiesta Americana. Las Monjitas and El Monesterio aren't what they used to be. I had a way over-priced meal at Luisiana one time with my brother. VIPS and Sanborns are good for breakfast. There is also a decent seafood place near the Holiday Inn but I forgot the name. Hope this helps...que le vaya bien!

Last edited by bksumm; 02-26-2010 at 06:13 PM.