View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
Old contract Sub. New contract goes into makeup bank, you may get to cherry pick some trips before the VTO guys during the conflict/add window. I for one am happy we gave the company this productivity increase for free.

Next contract we will pay them for the privledge, as long we can continue to make up the trips at stright time.
You know, it's interesting...Everyone has their own take on the "improvements" of the last contract. Trip Rig, Training, CIC makeup, etc. And, I understand what you're saying about the old contract in regards to training conflicts.

But, in all my years at FDX, I can count on less than 1 hand the number of times that CRS honored my training request and conflicted with a trip that I got paid for, under the old system. The overwhelming majority of the time, they just put the training in the middle of my days off, where they wanted.

I actually prefer the new contract system. Bid for training by seniority. I have much more control of my schedule...Which is quality of life.