Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 AM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by golfandfly View Post
Lakeside,

I have noticed the same thing. When we were using NWA, Fedex bought our coach class tickets at "Y" class. This is a very expensive, completely refundable coach class ticket. Of course we bought them at a very big discount. If you were an elite (silver, gold, whatever) you would be upgraded the next day after the ticket was purchased (if FC was available). If corporate travel ticketed you (payment was received), you could be upgraded weeks in advance due to the fact it was a "Y" ticket.

You received a 50% bonus due to the fact it was a "Y" ticket, not because you were upgraded. If you were flying an RJ without First Class or if there wasn't room for you in First Class, you still got the bonus. The airlines don't care where you sit, they care what you paid.

With the Delta contract, our coach tickets are being purchased as "H" class or something lower than "Y". Therefore we have to wait longer for upgrades to process and we don't get the bonus.

From Delta website-- When upgrades are processed:

All MedallionsTime of ticketing for Y class fares

Diamond Medallion5 calendar days in advance for B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, and T class fares2

Followed byPlatinum Medallion5 calendar days in advance for B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, and T class fares

Gold Medallion3 calendar days in advance for B, M, H,Q, K, L, U, and T class fares

Silver Medallion1 calendar day in advance for B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, and T class fares

Bonuses:

First/Business Class Mileage & MQM Bonus 50%

Premium Coach (Y,B,M Fares) Mileage & MQM Bonus 50%

How's that for an answer!
This is all correct.

We used to get the NWA upgrade at time of ticketing for Gold Elite or higher (I believe)??

Now, the upgrade comes as described above - X days in prior based on Elite Status.

However, I haven't been denied upgrade yet.

Also, still receiving the Elite % bonus - based on Elite Status (extra 100% for Platinum Elite) - this is/was in addition to the class % bonus.

Last time I got the class bonus was late Jan 2010.