View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
vschip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 11C

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
I agree that the Nakatsu station is the better choice. It's smaller (less confusing) and closer to the Y Cafe. I used Exit 4, which drops you on the sidewalk pointed in the correct direction (south). There's a Starbucks adjacent to the entrance, but I can't imagine why anybody would want to stop there.

If it's Honjyo Naka Street that heads east, I'll believe it, but there was no way I saw to confirm that in English. It's the street that intersects under the Hankyu Line Train rails -- the blue staircases mentioned by RogAir. From there you'll pass by the PIAS building, cross under a highway overpass (Shin-Mido-suji Ave./ Hwy 423), and then cross under a rail overpass (JR Kyoto Line). If you weren't hungry before you began the trek, you should be by the time you get there.

Texas toast? nah, more like Alaska toast -- 3 inches thick. Japanese/Australian honey and strawberry preserves. Eggs cooked to order -- about 5 of them to start. Very tasty bacon. Excellent coffee. Even considering the 230 yen each way subway ride, it's well, well worth the time, effort, and money.
I agree with everything that Tony C said, except to add that after you leave exit 4, and see the blue staircases, bear to the left, you know your on the right street if you have the Hotel Hankyu International on your right, and the PIAS building on your left. It took 28 minutes from my hotel room at the Swisshotel to the Y Cafe, and at a total round trip cost of 1060y(subway and breakfast, $11.70 as of 3/17/10), its still a heck of a deal, and a nice way to get out and see the city. My only complaint, I literally couldn't bite into the toast, it was so thick, had to squish it down to get a bite, but other than that, great breakfast.