Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 PM
KoruPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Contract purgatory

What I'd like to know is why he gave a rats @#& about what the flight attendants had to say about it. I had a run in with one because I tried to stop them ruining perfectly good press coffee.

There is no doubt that he had all the backing in the world from his peers. . . right? Did ALPA back him? Why didn't he take leave instead of redundancy? Perhaps he'd had a mit full at BA, but it seams rather rash. Somebody, one of his friends perhaps, should have sat him down and told him to relax for a few months. BA would have to have given him extended leave after that nightmare, or one would have thought.

I find myself agreeing with my Dominican friend; his actions, and the reactions of the company, and can I assume the lack of reaction from ALPA, make no sense.

By the by, he could easily come to China, and I'm sure MU Cargo would be quite happy to have him (777's on the way). The hiring is very flight-ops centric here so he'd need only have good comments from pilot management. I'm assuming that after the Heathrow incident that would not be a problem.

If he's B744 qualified tell him to call GWL (somebody here appears to be pretty familiar with him). We're looking, guys are great, flyings great, pays pretty good really and Shanghai's a gas.