View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 PM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by pig on the wing View Post
I called contract enforcement today to get some info on potentially leaving the ANC domicile either by choice or by excess and I ended my conversation confused....surprised?? If I bid out of ANC to MEM or LAX and want to move my family and commute out of PDX does the ANC move package LOA provide any money for moving expenses to PDX? If I stay in ANC as a domicle but move to PDX is there any money provided? And if I get excessed and move to PDX is their any money provided?
Yes, I read the contract, yes I called, and yes I am not that bright...my spelling and grammar probably blow too...wouldn't think of adding a discuss..
cheers
Originally Posted by pig on the wing View Post
Thanks Haz, that is what I always understood as well. Contract enforcement said there was no money given if you don't move within 100nm of new domicile. The person I talked to didn't even know about the most recent LOA move package!! Not sure worthless is an acceptably strong enough adjective needed to describe that phone call I made....
Don't know who you talked to @ ALPA, or what the exact conversation on either side was....so.....this might get you pointed in the right direction

The answer to your question depends on several different factors - the following assume you will go to either MEM or LAX as you said - NOT and FDA (HKG):

1) do you & your family currently maintain permanent residence in ANC?
2) how long have you maintained permanent residence in ANC (at least 18 or 36 months)?
3) was ANC your first domicile as a newhire?
4) did you receive any company-paid relocation when you relocated yourself & family to ANC?
5) which bid posting/award resulted in your relocating to ANC, pre 96-01, or after?
6) will your new domicile/bid award be as a result of a VACANCY award, or an EXCESS award?

all those questions go to determining which part of the contractual ANC relocation packages you would be qualified to receive - there are 3 (maybe 4 if you include "crash-pad" move) possible "deals" you could qualify for:

1) ANC Relo LOA dated 2006.
2) CBA (Section 6) Relo as result of EXCESS (or bid to releive excess) award out of ANC
3) ANC & Subic "return moves" LOA for pre-96-01 posting awards to ANC - dated 1999

No simple way to answer your question.

In order to get an accurate answer to your question.....you have to take each of your possible scenarios (vacancy award, or excess, or bid-to-relieve excess) and then also where you will move TO (PDX or within 100 miles of MEM/LAX) and then also how you got relocated TO ANC in the first place (pre 96-01 award, newhire, 2006 LOA, or none of those)

Each situation is completely unique and have a completely different CBA section or LOA that covers it (CBA Section 6, 2006 ANC relo LOA, or 1999 ANC/Subic return moves LOA)

If you can narrow down your specific circumstances for us, it would be easier for someone to give you a better/more correct answer.