View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Blueridger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Chrysler Pacifica

Originally Posted by TimSmith View Post
Yes, NetJets was a GREAT job! Yes I am furloughed. Yes I expect to never go back. The furlough will be longer than projected because there is basically no attrition due to the quality of the job. New management has cancelled every delivery they are not contractually required to take. They are disposing of a large number of aircraft. They still "claim" to be overstaffed.

Does that mean there will be another furlough? I have no idea. I hope not. Past actions by the new management is what gives a rumor like this legs. It is sad that it is believable. Good luck to those on the "new" bottom. I hope not to see ya'll elsewhere.

Also note that the new management is more than content, pleased even, that there is fear and uncertainty in the ranks. A marked difference from the management that hired us (the furloughees.)
First of all, to settle the "more furloughs" rumor, official word from the union right now is that the company will not be announcing any more furloughs "in the immediate future". Take if for what it's worth, but that is great news for those on the bottom of the current list of active pilots.

Tim, as for your expectation of a long furlough, I think you're wise to consider that a likely possibility and my reasoning would be the same as yours in terms of attrition: with the early outs having been offered, those that were going to retire in the next 3 years have already done so. Strangely enough, however, I have noticed an attrition of 33 relatively senior pilots in the last 3 months. I absolutely don't get it, but if it stays that way, eventually attrition will force the company to bring some guys back. So there is a bit of good news on the horizon and I am hoping that 2010 will continue to see a rise in demand and with it, the prospect of bringing some furloughed pilots back. Good luck with everything until then....