Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM
NoStep
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Missionary

Originally Posted by unitedpilot View Post
I have to disagree....

.....I have been in this business for 20+ years

And to NOSTEP you obviously wear your uniform with pride but have no intellectual insight. You really think there are stoners in the cockpits?? ...

See here:
False Positives on Drug Tests

I side with the pilot on this one.
Well, "Unitedpilot", you obviously missed the sarcasm in some of my remarks. But since you brought up intellect...

It's intellectually dishonest to sell drug test kits and a "cleansing" product on a website with a double-entendre of "urine", (i.e. www.yourintheclear.com). Even Mr. Sharp admits how that appears.
It's similar to head shops selling "tobacco" bongs. Not illegal, but everyone knows what they're used for.

I've also been kicking around the airline business for 20+ years, and only know of 1 positive drug test...and it wasn't a false-positive, (a flight attendant who had problems). How many are you aware of? (I agree, even 1 false-positive is too many when it destroys a person's life) That's a pretty good track record, and allowing split samples (if you can pee that much) manages the risk of false-positive.

He either doesn't know at all what impression his products and websites imply, or he's got a serious lack of judgement, given his position at a 121 carrier.

Agree to disagree...

Last edited by NoStep; 05-03-2010 at 08:27 PM.