View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
thor2j
Banned

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by LeeFXDWG View Post
You are correct. UA does have furloughs with greater longevity than your most junior Capt in EWR.

I'm a voluntary furlough that really doesn't have an intention of going back. Having said that and if my intention was to return, with 12+ years UA longevity where would you put me on the list? I have recall rights for 10 years, and they mean that I expect a fair integration that respects my active service when the most junior guy/gal at CAL was worried about their acne problem.

To suggest that a furloughed pilot with more active time at UA goes below the most junior CAL pilot won't work anymore than DOH or strict relative seniority.

ALPA changed the policy for that reason to avoid the whole US AIR fiasco. Would I expect to have a number far higher than CALs junior EWR Capt. Yes. Would they be seat protected, yes, until whatever action happened to bump them then their seniority would dictate their next bid, well below me or any other person with much greater active service.

This will be interesting to watch. Glad I'm on the outside looking in.

Frats
Lee
Can't say for the volunteered furlough, but as most people will tell you furloughees will not go ahead of ANY active pilots. It just doesn't happen. CAL ALPA is saying they will will not settle for anything less then relative seniority+career expectations. And I am sure UAL ALPA is saying the opposite. Relative seniority is the only fair integration for both sides, if you are 50% you stay 50%. How much fairer can you get.