View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 PM
LeeFXDWG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B737 CAPT IAH

Originally Posted by LifeNtheFstLne View Post
The snapshot WAS NOT taken yet, fyi.

Your theoretical 'pilot X' is a furloughed UAL guy, who will return much faster with this merger than if UAL had gone it alone.(Just my opinion). I think you're overestimating the weight that active years of service will carry. Here's hoping we're all equally hosed. The true definition of fairness.
Wrong, PID occurs when the governing MECs determine that a viable merger will be consummated. I know UA is already beginning the employment history verification process. I can only assume CAL is doing the same. Sounds like the PID process and snapshot is being taken my friend.

Will longevity carry weight in this merger, yes. It is the new policy. Sorry you don't like that fact. But you are right. Everyone will be ****ed equally in a perfect world. And, my pilot x could be from either carrier. You assume bias on my part where I have none.

IMO, had Tilton not played it the the way he did UA would have been gone in a year or two. That opinion doesn't weigh into the current events nor the SLI process since no one was chap 7. In fact UAs cash on hand and margins blew away the industry last quarter. Does that make CAL the distressed partner. No. No more so than your position or mine means UA was gone in 2 years.

Go to the ALPA website and read the merger policy with an objective view.

Frats
Lee