View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
thor2j
Banned

Joined APC: May 2010

Originally Posted by LeeFXDWG View Post
I have no doubt CAL ALPA is saying that. Now, go read the the active merger policy available on the ALPA website. Then, approach the process from a neutral standpoint. Better yet, read the USAIR Nicolau ruling and read CALs own pilot member and his issues with the determination for failing to take longevity into account. Believe his name is Bruschia.

Then come back and try again. You guys set the stage for the new policy. BTW, I believe he is on your merger commitee as well.

Lee
Your turn to read again. Furloughs have no active status and therefore will go to the BOTTOM. Sorry, but proven over and over. Career expectations as well as longevity(NOT DOH) have weight. CAL has 10x more career expectations. I am trying to be neutral by saying the only fair way is relative seniority. I would personally like the career expectations heavily weighted, but figure the only way we will ever come to an agreement is straight relative seniority. Don't forget most 2005 CAL hires have more longevity (aka active time) then most UAL furloughs.