View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM
charles9
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2010
Cool Thank you!

Originally Posted by A320fumes View Post
I don't mean to offend Dog. But IMHO, expectation doesn't hold much water in a UAL/CAL fight. I expected to be an A-330 CA at USAir by now when I left the USAF for them in '98. In 15 years, I would like to be a reserve, by choice, 757/A-320 CA who flies once every 90 days. Career expectations are just like derivatives, smoke and mirrors. I was a 737 CA when I got activated this time last year. If I keep my relative Sr, that's what I'll be after the SLI. With regard to the furloughs, been there done that. With regard to career expectations vs a UAL furloughee, I KNOW I can expect 76hrs, reserve, by choice, pay @ $108/ hr, next Thursday at midnight. What can a furloughee expect?

From me a furloughee can expect that I will not fly one second over guarrantee or have 1 minute more than a month's sick time until they are made whole.

A320 Been where you have been. Am not where you are at. Thank you for you last statement. To others that dismiss furloughees...very disappointing. I guess it is all about me, isn't it?

CC