View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 AM
jsled
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA

[QUOTE=A320fumes;806523]
Originally Posted by jsled View Post
No crack needed. You have 46 wide bodies. Do you think it's fair to do straight r/s if half of UAL's w/b captains end up junior to CAL 737 captains? I believe this integration will take into account Status and Category...at least that's what ALPA merger policy says.

That's what fences are for JSLED. Flew heavies in the AF for 15 years and couldn't care less about flying UAL's ancient WB's for 76 pay. Fence them for 25 years if you like. Won't bother me a bit, especially if they pay what Glen pays to fly them. That's from a pilot's perspective.

From a management perspective, the UAL fleet is probably the most impressive of all US Carriers. UAL brings a pride in the profession that I hold in high regard. I feel that it is a shame what the BK judges and Tilton did to your company and you deserve a lot better.

In all honesty, I look forward to UAL unionism in our airline. I hope you get back all that Tilton gave away to make this merger happen, but hope that you don't seek to get it from CAL pilots.

AS a USAir guy, I hated the Niche award. As a result, I left a 6 year 767 f/o position to start work at CAL for a shameful $29/hr because the thought of being 2,000 numbers jr to a guy hired 6 years after me nauseated me. Relative Sr in UAL/CAL would be bad, but not as bad as I have experienced.

I sincerely hope that UAL and CAL pilots spend the money to buy the best lawyers and put this SLI behind us through arbitration. With your work rules, our scope and 500+ retirements/yr starting in 2013, we should be able to declare victory in under a decade by keeping our UAL at 750 aircraft as opposed to 550 fed by 1,000 70/90 seat rj's. I realize that UAL pilots have given back more than CAL pilots ever had. But we can't try to get it back from each other. Put up big fences to protect your impressive fleet and our impressive advancement, all the whilst providing a good product and we shall be successful.

Coming back fro Mil leave next month. I am so looking forward to having the UAL self-esteem in my Pilot group.

320, this is not about you or me. I would retire around #150 if UAL stayed independent. I fully expect that number to increase by the 100's once the dust settles on this sli. DAL/NWA used 4 categories: w/b captains, n/b captains, w/b first officers, n/b first officers. This methodology used the number of positions in each category brought to the arbitration. Relative seniority within category and status. Yes there were fences around each group's premium a/c, but 5 yr fences...not 25 years. That's silly. I expect our arbitrated sli will closely resemble the NWA/DAL award. But as Mr. Fluf says, it 'don't matta' what I think, whatever happens, happens. We will have to live with it. What we need to focus on is the JCBA!!

Last edited by jsled; 05-05-2010 at 06:14 AM.