View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:54 AM
strfyr51
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: A320/A319/B737 Sys Acft Maint Controller

Originally Posted by chuckyt1 View Post
Hey all don't let stirfry get under your skin. Looking at his position, and his posts, I don't believe he is a UAL pilot. If he is, he is in the minority. Most I have talked to believe in what Socal said earlier.

We should be talking about the best place to get a beer and complain to each other how we all got the shaft. Whilst celebrating our industry leading contract...

Cheers,
chuckyt
I NEVER said I was a UAL Pilot!! I do have an interest though In seeing you guys get your ACT together lest we ALL suffer the same fate!
And you guys are "touted" as "Leaders". If what I've seen HERE is leadership?? Then you'd better get your money back from college because you either WASTED it or smoked DOPE all the way through!! I'm not Hating on you. I want you to stop the BS and all this "WHINING" about that which you didn't have "Jack" to say about. Fleet mix! WB vs NB!! None of you had a say in that! You fly what's There just like I work with you TO fly what's there SAFELY!! If you don't know it by NOW? You're NOT leading the pack. You're doing a JOB,, It might be a GOOD job but it's STILL just a JOB!
Tilton has his "chops" in "punking" ALPA. You know it and I know it! THIS is the ONLY opportunity you'll have to get it right, because he's the FIRST CEO in recent memory to "thumb his nose" at you and live to tell about it!
Whether SMISEK is going to be "better". I can't tell you, but I can tell you THIS!! If this doesn't go down right?? All of you had better get an umbrella! Not just UAL/CAL but EVERY airline!! Because just like Tilton's tactics in Bankruptcy gave a roadmap to NWA, DELTA, & USAIR?? Get this WRONG like USAir did and the next roadmap will show EVERY airline CEO the world over how to "Punk" the top of the UNION food chain. I've NEVER seen any other airline take ALPA to court so fast. American almost did in Allied, and United "chilled" ALPA in a hurry. (then got rid of 100 737's to prove their point) Now if that's OK with you then by all means continue "sniping" at wach other. But you DO SO at your OWN peril. Like I previously stated, Tilton isn't gone and Won't be gone for some time to come.. Smisek might be the CEO but the "Wolf" and the REAL "Hustler" will be sitting at the other END of the table. Push Smisek and Let him show ANY weakness? And you'll have your WORST nightmare with TILTON and crew running the Entire combined airlinne..
Focus on what's important and EVERYBODY will come out a winner.
But Up to NOW?? You guys appear to be anything BUT!!
With a few exceptions (surprisingly from UAL Pilots!) In my 25+ years at UAL I'd never known them to speak with such wisdom. I tip my hat to them. This is important for EVERYBODY, and the REST of us are looking for YOU guys to show the way, less this become the "Hatfields and the McCoy's" all over again. And who does THAT benefit?? TILTON!!