View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I will be graduating from Purdue University in December of this year, and just yesterday was contacted by Cathay Pacific, to interview for a position of Second Officer via the Cadet Pilot route. It appears they will pay for everything, and in 12 months, I will be a second officer on a widebody. Now, before I am told to use the search function, I have. I have looked all over this forum, PPrune's Fragrant Harbor site, and I have exhausted all web resources. Do we have any Cathay Employees on this board? Does anybody know if its really that bad? Currently I have north of 500 hours, and 200 of that is instruction. Right now, It looks like regionals might be an option, but a self made time line has me becoming FO in 5 years, on Cathay. In the very least, I would be building heavy jet, xc time, and getting international experience.

What are your thought?

Thanks!
Just an FYI, Cathay is not a company that you work for to "build experience" and move on. It is a career position. So if your intentions are to build time and leave, don't bother interviewing. Leave room in the company for those who have dreamt of working there their whole lives. Thank you.

Lax