View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 07:06 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Options

Originally Posted by shaark92 View Post
don't kid yourself. The worst commercial aviation atrocity in our history resulted in a 6 month decrease in appreciable passenger traffic.

I don't think there's ever gonna be ANY public clamoring for pilots to get restored payrates.

Only when there is education for those who aspire to become a major airline pilot realize selling their low-time ticket for $20/hour to a 121 operator results in the stagnation (plummet) of the profession will this ever begin to recover.

Until then ... don't use those dasderdly rudders <tic>

If you're an aspiring major airline pilot ... get your experience w/o going 121. You'll be doing yourself a huge favor. If you're a <2000 hour guy @ a 121 operation working for <$50 hour ... you'll do yourself a similar favor by finding another venue.

If you're <27.5 years old, drop me an email [email protected] I can offer you a few options.

Good luck to us all!

Al

These days it seems that if one is going to have a real chance at a major airline the regionals and specifically a left seat in an RJ at a regional is the dominate path to success. I know I would be interested to hear what your alternatives are.

On another note I have suggested that we form a non-profit organisation that produces a DVD on the hardships one faces in pursuit of a flying career. I could host and we could solicit data and stories from everyone on this forum. We could mail it out to every newly issued student pilot licence.

SkyHigh