View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM
aseweepay
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: seated, but sometimes I get up and walk around

Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
by the way. i spoke with a very frazzled manager the other day, and was told that asia is requesting more lift from ups but we don't have the aircraft or the crews in place to service our volume increases. his explanation was the recurring theme at ups in that none of the little fiefdoms communicate with the other fiefdoms until it's already in crisis mode. this is a very poorly managed company that is profitable only because it had such a head start on everybody else. i think this time, ups won't be able to use momentum to recover.

this particular manager already sent his card into the ipa too.

I flew with an ACP last week that told me the exact same thing....said Asia is screaming and begging for more aircraft (lift) but UPS has cut it's nose off despite it's face....there are 3 more 747s coming in the next few months and the original plan was to use Z, A300, and 75D displacees/RIFs to crew the new aircraft, but according to him, they can't spare the bodies so when we talked about the furlough he just shook his head and said it is the dumbest and most ill-timed thing he has ever seen....all I can do is shake my head in disbelief and frustration...