View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:08 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by ShortBus_Driver View Post
Obviously you are on the West half of the US is you are looking into 24 hour Fitness.

The great thing about 24 HR. fitness is that you can have one membership and access all of their clubs. This is IDEAL for a pilot and those who are always traveling for work.

I paid up front $700 for an all club 3 year membership with no monthly fees. And a LIFETIME all club renewal membership for only $20 per year after my 3 years are up.

This was a fantastic deal, but you have to cough up some change up front. And you have to be the type of person who is going to continue to use a gym membership regularly. My membership also came with 4 personal trainer sessions, a box of power bars, shakes and cookies, and a metabolic rate Breathalyzer test.

I think your 24 HR. guy could definitely offer you a better deal. Phone other clubs and see what deals they offer. Call his bluff, tell him that you're going to LA Fitness across the street and walk out.

Good luck

Yeah, I did this too. Great deal (in the west), the clubs are often close to layover hotels, and there is even one in the LAS airport.