View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by Lambourne View Post
It really doesn't matter what any of us think. The mustache club at ALPA will be ones deciding our fates. This will most likely a political football that both the CAL and UAL MEC members use to barter their way into positions on the new MEC. It will have none of our common interest in mind. You have to remember that there will be a rationalization of MEC positions as a result of this merger. These guys will not give up the golden ring very easily. There will be a lot of back room deals to secure a position. Our interest will be their last concern, self preservation is job #1 for these guys first.

While ALPA likes to talk trash about mgmnt. They too are some of the most backstabbing people that will squash their best friend, to further themselves in the ALPA hierarchy. What you or I or anyone else thinks is fair and right doesn't matter. All of it will be bartered away for a "vote" to make some MEC member safe and secure in the new MEC of the combined carrier.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride as the ALPA gravy train starts eating itself and our futures.

L
Not only do I agree with this but I've had the ALPA LEC try and stake me to an ant hill for political purposes. These guys are like a bunch of prom queens vying to become Miss America.