Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Captain Krusty
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Small Jet Captain

As far as I am concerned the Cirrus Jet doesn't even exist yet. When they have delivered and have it fully certified it to do what they say it will do I will believe it. Otherwise, I am just waiting for another failure.

I would not buy one. Too many MUCH cheaper and better alternatives and too many far superior aircraft for around the same price.

If I had that much money to spend on a jet I would buy an older, Citation II, V, Bravo, CJ, or Sierra Mod 500/550 taking into consideration the increase in fuel burn and MX costs compared to the Cirrus Jet.

The service ceiling is only FL250. Less than a lot of turboprops and puts you right in the middle of most of the weather you don't want to be in.

It is very slow

It has 1 engine

Has no range

I doubt it has much payload with full fuel when it finally delivers.

I think this will be a great marketing opportunity for Cirrus to sell them to current Cirrus owners.

I fear for the aircraft's safety record. Another attempt to put non-professional pilots in an aircraft that may be too much to handle for them. The Cirrus SR22 has a very high number of fatal accidents. Now increase speed to 300 knots from 180, and let's see what happens.