View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

Iceman,

Firstly, welcome to the aviation world - you are in for a SWEET ride! Second, the bare minimum for you to be able to fly a small personal jet is a Private Pilot, Instrument Airplane, Multi-Engine Land. BUT insurance is what makes or breaks guys/gals dreams of owning their own "dream ship." My suggestion, as a CFI, would be to get the whole gambit. (Private, then Instrument, then Commercial SEL, Multi-engine Commercial addon - maybe even become an instructor) The more certificates you hold and the more time you have in your logbook (especially Multi-Engine time) the better chances you are at getting insured. One of my buddies flys a King Air C90 part 91 (you will learn the different types of regs real soon...) and when they originally bought the C90 and had to get insured, some of the insurance companys laughed at my friend on the phone when he wanted to get a policy. But, fortunatly for him, they found a broker that allowed him to fly the C90 with 200 hours of piston multi time. I know 200 hours of ME time seems to be a lot...but in the 'aviation insurance world' it ain't squat. Anyway, I will stop rambling on - I hope this helps! Good luck on your journey to becoming a pilot!

D