View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
1. This is BS. I flew, in a past life, for a large Part 135 cargo outfit that flew for UPS. I flew to many small to very small destinations. If Brown can do it, why can't Purple do it?

2. I still remember dropping off boxes to a brown lock box in Eureka, NV. There was a runway, but no taxiway, a very small ramp about the size of 2 BE-99, a hangar that was falling to pieces and a large, brown steel box.
Answers: 1. Just because UPS does it does not mean that FedEx has to do it. 2. I remember that "brown lock box" in Eureka, NV... it wasn't a lock box you dummy, it was a well used outhouse.

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
It's a blantant attempt to get folks scared about the right of workers to unionize. FedEx is trying to avoid having their drivers unionize. UPS drivers are teamsters and they seem to be doing just fine.
Yesterday I went out and shamelessly bought my wife some flowers. My blatant attempt at getting some poontang. Needless to say, much like FedEx, my wife was wise to my blatant attempt and rejected my offer to unionize. Guess what, I'll survive. So will UPS and FedEx.

JJ