Old 07-25-2010, 08:14 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Laughing_Jakal View Post
Low SA award.....self nomination circa 1992

One time when I was at Scott AFB, I saw my buddy Tim ( a 1LT) standing around outside a C-21 waiting for a VIP kicking the ramp absently while smoking a cig in his flightsuit.

Well, having not seen him in a while...same Sq....I was Tdy, I start walking up to him from a long way away. I yelled "Hey!!!!" quite loudly, and when I had his attention, flipped him a very aggressive, unmistakeable middle finger salute. He had very little reaction, which I thought odd.......

As I walked closer, I realized that despite a considerable resemblance from 100 yards away, this was in fact, not Tim. I figured I ought to apologize. More revealing was that as I got closer to the victim of my indiscretion, the silver LT's bar on the blue flight cap started morphing into a silver star as if by magic.

I walked right up to the BG, smartly saluted and said "Sorry General, I mistook you for someone else...". He looked at me obviously writhing in discomfort, and said with a grin spreading across his face..."Well Lt, I was wondering what I did to **** you off".

We chatted for a while, and I withdrew, hoping I had worn my TDY name-tag as it was a Friday. No such luck. The look on the School House Commander's face when I explained that nothing should come of it, but I thought he should know that I just flipped off a one-star General was priceless.
You're a wise man LJ!

...because $h!t rolls down hill in the military and bad news doesn't get better with age, always lead turn the story to your boss.

But on the otherhand you could always: Deny, Deny, Deny!!!