View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
cgull
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 757/767 FO

"With all do respect UAL brings pretty much nothing to the table. Crying, not salivating. Not one pilot at CAL wanted everything to do with this disaster (ok, maybe one)."

I am with you on this. As a United Pilot hired in 97, we had 10400 pilots on the list. Our management shrunk this airline in order to merge it. My career expectations have been harmed by this merger. UAL does not need CAL, it has all the route authority it needs. UAL management got its marching orders to shrink it to merge it. I for one would like to see this merger fail and you guys go your seperate way and UAL gets new marching orders with new management to grow the airline. That way you can have your career expectations and I can have mine. You can keep your bases of EWR, IAH, Guam, and CLE. We can keep all our bases and grow back to 10000k pilots and exercise our route authority that we have already like 11 cities in South America that we received from Pan Am etc.

So, in summary, I am not for this merger as you think many UAL are for. I would rather do without you guys.