Thread: MC-12 Flying
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Wuzzo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Since you took a breath rewrote a bit on reflection, I did also, and smoothed my rooster feathers.

I get your point, reading my original post. Some of the guys might read it and say "Hey, my CC won't support this, so he's a tool."

So to clarify: Unless you're catching the HHQ arrows, spears, and defecation for every slip in mission execution like your CC is, don't assume that just because you think your unit can manage you being gone for a 120/179/365, that it can. Trust me, your CC is painfully aware of every body he is fat or skinny vs. mission requirements. Subtract from what he has on the books PCS outs/ins, MQT, Leave, use/lose leave, non-vol 365s that don't get backfill, upgrades, SOS, DNIFs, pregnancies, paternity leave (a new killer), compassionates, and the folks that the next rung up the ladder has pulled up for their pet projects or made-up positions, and you start to get a better picture.

Maybe I've got the full-up Blue-lobotomy, but most of the CCs I know are worth their salt. If they say no, they've got a good reason. But if they can say yes, they will. So ask him/her first before you go talking to AFPC.