View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 09:19 AM
San Diego

Default Wanting to get started....

Hey new to the forum. I live in the San Diego area, out in East county. I have an ultimate goal of wanting to become an airline pilot. Here is a little background about me and maybe you guys would be able to throw some suggestions my way. I am 24 years old, I have a 4 year degree, I have a pretty decent paying job and I would hope to be able to use it as a means to an ends as far as aviation is concerned, I am single, I have no kids, I have a car payment under 300 a month, and a couple thousand in credit card debt that I am starting to work on paying off.

I know that there are a lot of FBOs down here. I am really close to Gillespie Field, within 15 minutes away. So I guess I have a few questions. First, based on your guys' experiences what would be the best way to get started that will not put me in debt like a law student? Second, mu job hours are M-F 9-5. If I wanted to get lets say my PPL how long would you expect that to take? And third, does anyone know or have suggestions as to reputable flight schools in the area that would be good to check out?

Thank you in advance for your help!