Old 05-18-2005, 07:23 AM
CRM1337
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

RballTy

Schedules vary from base to base and aircraft to aircraft. Reserve lines are always 11 days off but crew planning is nice enough to make some reserve lines with weekends off.

Regular schedules can vary from 11 days off to 17 or 18 off, all depending on seniority. I've been here over 5 years and average 15 to 16 off, some weekends (but WKDs not really important for me).

The commuter clause is one of the better ones. You have to allows at least two NWA, Mesaba or Pinnacle flights to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your trip "report time". 1 flight to get there and the 2nd as a backup just in case you miss it for whatever reason like a full flight and all jumpseats taken, mechanical cancellation, etc... This gives crew scheduling the option to positive space you out on the 2nd flight. I commute from out of state and it' been ok. Nothing exciting about commuting but in the end it's worth it.

Nearly everyone in MSP lives in base. very few commuters. More than half in DTW and MEM commute, very junior bases. And CVG is mostly in domicile with a good handful of commuters.

Right now is a good time to be starting at Mesaba as we start taking delivery of new 15 CRJs this fall. The hiring is in full gear. We haven't received a new aircraft in over 5 years! Hopefully the 20 option will be excercised- that will guarantee alot more growth.