Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 AM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
I would still like to see vacation passes, perfect attendance passes, our EmployeeRes system, active airline employees first, dependents and retirees next, buddy pass travelers next, OAL employees/dependents last.
I would also. Even though myself, nor my parents are allowed to use my 30+ vacation passes. As far as retirees ago, again, that could be argued all day long on whether or not it should stay CAL's way or UAL's. I believe now at UAL, a retiree is a BP6 level, where the active employee is on a BP8. Could be wrong about that though as far as the number goes.

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
Unlimited J/Sing for all eligible: we have seats we take bodies. None of this "well your carrier only takes one of us so you only one gets to go" even though five guys might be waiting to jumpseat with open seats. I guess I am advocating for the JetBlue way of doing things. The company knows commuters exist. No one "likes" commuting. The company doesn't like it and we would prefer not to have to do it. But since it happens, a company that truly cares about its employees and about the operational excellence of the airline would do all it could to make getting to work easier.
I'm pretty sure that both UAL and CAL both do it this way currently, as far as pilots go. But I agree, JB seemed to get it right YEARS ago while everybody else was pretty slow to catch up.

One big difference between JS'in UAL vs. CAL. UAL will almost always give you a first class seat if open. If not, the gate agent will usually assign an economy plus seat when they are open. Always grateful for that, as well as the UAL FA's offering to put my bag in the closet when there is room.