Old 10-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Stratosphere
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: Bent Over

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Hey Folks,

I will be leaving for Air Force OTS in the near future as a pilot select with the Air Force Reserves. I have an interview with Skywest for a ramp agent position. Anyone have experience with Skywest? I am worried that I might burn a bridge by taking the job only to leave a few months later for a two year Air Force UPT pipeline. However, Skywest seems like a great company to work for and I might have a way to pay the bills/lobby for a pilot job if/when I have completed the UPT pipeline and I'm back on traditional status with the Reserves. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Well I am not military but have worked in aviation for a looong time. I have come to the conclusion that companies these days are not loyal to YOU they look out for their own bottom line. That does not mean that you cannot leave on good terms. Explain the situation and give them decent notice 2 weeks if you can. Most companies will understand and will not hold it against you. Do not pass up an opportunity for military training. In the end you need to look out for YOUR best interest and not feel guilty about leaving a job you just started. Just gave that advice to a friend who just took a job with Lockheed and has an opportunity at a job he always wanted. Just be fair when you leave and have no regrets.