Old 12-04-2005, 05:05 PM
ophir
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: 777 FO

I'm not sure what your after specifically. But I will try to answer some of this stuff.
Originally Posted by Laxrox43
Hey Guys/Gals,

Does anyone have any info on SkyWest? Are there any lineholders/reserves that can tell me anything about the company that isn't on the website/willflyforfood.cc/aviationinterviews.com? Do they hire below 1000TT and 100ME?
NO, they won't look at you until you have met minimums. And, like so many other airlines they will not typically get to your resume unless you have someone on the iside refer you. It is not that they are cronies but they just have so many people being recommended by other SKYW pilots that they don't usually look at you and the pile of other people that they don't know. Afterall, flying for a 121 operater means you have all the piloting and instrument stuff down already. The true test to hire you usually comes with the question "Will I want to fly with this guy/gal for a four day trip?"

Which domiciles are low seniority?
It depends on if youre in the bro or the RJ. The bro is mostly FAT but then again they'll put you anywhere they need you.
How the people are? I have heard nothing but good from Pax that have flown with SkyWest. I have flown on ASA a lot since the merger...and if the people at SkyWest are as friendly as the people at ASA, then I bet its 'the place to be.'
They people are great. I really haven't met too many a holes. But I haven't been there that long and I haven't been with another 121 outfit.