View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 05:03 AM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

Hey San Diego,

B73H is right. If you are trying to change careers, a school such as ALL ATPs is the way to go. (and I would personally recommend them to you) I did my Multi-Engine Commercial add-on through them, and they run a top notch operation. They have a program that will take you from start to finish. They have a financing program to help pay for it - loans and such. (yes...I know...more loans!!! AHHHH!!!) Anyways, check out http://www.atpflightschool.com and that should help you out for starters.

Now, if you are just looking to pick up a new hobbie, by all means, get your PPL. After that, I suggest even your instrument. I find that people are much more confident and compedent in the airplane if they have at least their Private Pilot, Instrument Airplane. PLUS, it will make you a better stick, give you a better understanding of situational awareness, and various other things you will learn while you are getting your PPL.

Alrighty bud, hopefully this and all the other guys/gals input are helping. Let me know if you have any other Q's. I am a CFI, and I may be able to help you out. If not, one of my fraturnity bros lives in Camarillo, and I could ask him for input if need be. Take care.

D