View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:23 PM
757Driver
Need More Callouts

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Unbridled Enthusiasm

Originally Posted by Flyguppy View Post
After talking to my reps, the discord has become much clearer.

The was no such resolution saying the the 747 needs to be the top paying aircraft. The point of the 747/777 banding could be worked out.

What is holding up the issue is that the CAL MEC, in no uncertain terms, has dug in their heels on other parts of the bands. They have done this because they are trying to improve their SLI argument with this JCBA. (Even though they are trying to represent that they are keeping it separate). There was even a quote attributed to very high up in their MEC saying, "This JCBA is 70% about seniority for us, and 30% about the rest of it".

So, what are they digging their heels in on specifically?

- Insisting that the 767-400 be banded with the 777 and 747.

- Insisting that the 737-900 is banded with the 757 and 767-300

- Insisting that the 737-800 is banded by itself, above the A319, A320, and other 737s.

Now, let's talk about who is trying for a "seniority grab" or who's trying to "carve out" the seniority list. It's not about the 747/777 banding issue.

I, personally, do NOT find the above acceptable. How in the world could you make a coherent argument that the 767-400, at 50,000lbs less gross, be banded with the 747/777? Oh, I know. Because it's the second biggest aircraft CAL has next to their relatively small fleet of 777s. Don't want to lose that "career expectation"!! So, why not try to make it a top paying aircraft, no? Same deal for the 737-900....saying it should be banded with a 767-300????

This is what has led to the current impasse. Bring it on.
Yeah, Yeah, he said, she said.

Funny how people latch on to everything they hear as gospel. Personally I don't take either side verbatim. If what your saying is true, why did the JCBA bargaining teams from both UAL and CAL AND our MEC agree to a pay proposal while UAL's MEC did not?

Nice try though.