View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by GunshipGuy View Post
So I discovered a couple of months ago you can't string together RESV days to get 7 to 9 in a row; it can only come out like that on the bid award (as explained to me by a scheduler when I called asking why iCrew wouldn't take my request). Now, apparently, I've discovered you can't break up a string of 7 (or greater) days in the middle either. Anyone else run into this? Are these rules written down anywhere?
We are also not allowed to move days that will create a block of less than 72 hours, but PBS will build you a single day of reserve or a block of two. If we are not allowed to do it, then PBS should not be allowed to do it. The only restriction I can see that would make sense is moving days to create a single day of reserve should not be allowed, other than that we should be able to do whatever the coverage will allow.

We also need more PCS runs!!! I just hung out with a CAL guy and he was trading trips on his phone all the time. Trips pop up in open time, they get a text telling them a trip is in open time that meets their parameters, they log on and trade the trip. No waiting around for a dang PCS run. Our system has got to be the worst system of all airlines out there!