View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 06:52 AM
capncrunch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Xray678 View Post
I see only downside, in terms of seniority, for the Delta pilots in a merger with AK. I am sure there would be short term fences for the widebodies. Many Delta pilots will have AK pilots slotted in senior to them. Those AK pilots currently have no rights or ability to fly a widebody. The only way to protect the career progression of the Delta pilots would be career long fences, and I really don't see that happening.
Yup, that is kinda how I see it. There will be a good portion of AK pilots that will be glad to bid off the 737 in SEA to the 330/76ER. Imagine a whole career on one flight deck. Gives me the shivers.

Originally Posted by tsquare View Post
Yeah I hate to admit it, but I don't have a clue as to how this kind of thing could be done with any equity... The 20 year fences they had at NWA/Rep were retarded, but necessary I guess.... Maybe.. if we went to a more longevity based pay system instead of seat based pay.. but really, I have no idea.
You might be on to something there. If we put up 20 year fences we will only create animosity and never build up the Delta brotherhood. We align pay to longevity and it will certainly make me less angry when I'm flying a 737 out of SEA instead of the 76ER.