View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Twin Wasp
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Sr. VP of button pushing

I'd say 4 allows them to use flight following experience under 135 or 91K if the FAA thinks it's close to a 121 operation.

I did it before they required the pilots to be 121, only PIC of an aircraft with more than 600HP. When I went to the FSDO for the practical, they asked what quailified me to take the test. I said I was PIC of an aircraft with more than 600 HP. The Fed asked what kind of plane and I said "DC-3." Everyone sort of backed away.

They'll dump a Boeing AFM (they're using 737s now), weather package and charts on the table. You've got two hours to build a flight plan and release. Mine was DFW-LAS. Then you'll spend a couple more hours answering questions about how you got the MaxTO weight you did and how much fuel is used between ABQ and GUP.

Whether it'll set you apart much I don't know. I've been on OpSpecs working in the Cheif Pilot's office to sign releases and part time at 142 that has a Dispatcher program and have taught some classes for them. It's sort of like the Riggers certificate, off in it's own little world.