View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Ratherbeflyen

I went to Big Bend. It's a junior college about 60nm east of Central Wash U. We kinda thumbed our noses at centrals flight school. We finished in two years what they do in 3+. A lot of the guys i went to school with were going to transfer to central, get their multi and cfi from central. Then try to instruct there while cranking out the 4 year. The problem with that was they, central, said we were already ahead of their flight students so we wouldnt even be allowed to work on any rating for the first year much less instruct there.

Central is a fun school lots of parties there. I wouldnt say its a bad school just slow paced. If you like that area go Big Bend for 2 years then instruct while you finish your 4 year on line or at a distance learning center. ERAU's set up to do just that. With the exception of getting my cfi in the fall of 01 that route worked well for me. Then in 4 years you'll have your hours, your degree and youll be ready for your covted airline job at 22. You'll probably be 24 if you go the central route.