View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 05:57 AM
rvrabel2002
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: on the beach
Default So Many Questions, Where To Begin?

Hey Guys,
Im currently in the process of applying to a major regional airline, and have alot of questions that I think the more experienced guys/gals an answer.

It all really boils down to my airline apps application and the questions they are asking. I seperate the questions by category, if you don't know the answer to a category, just answer whichever ones you can if you have time:

Addresses:

I, like many other pilots in my profession, have had numerous addresses in the past few years. I have bounced between Florida and New Jersey for the past 3 years, with NJ being my primary residence on my license, but I have been living permanently in FL since July or 2009.

The problem is I don't have a FL drivers license. The reason behind this is I need to be a permanent resident of NJ in order to be covered under my fathers health insurance policy.

So I guess the question is, If I list FL as my permanent residence on airline apps, but my license is from NJ, will this raise red flags to the airlines?

Drivers License:

I guess this kind of relates to the question above in a way. I had a speeding ticket 8 years ago, but cant remember the specific date that the infraction occured.

The other problem is, I cannot retrieve my driver history beyond 5 years, but since the infraction happened beyond then, does the specific date matter?

Employment:

This is a big one. For the past 10 years I have held numerous jobs. One job, for instance, involved me working out of several locations across the state, where I had several different office locations and different supervisors. Sometimes, I was only at a location for 2 or 3 months.

This was all under the same company though, so do i need to list every single location and supervisor?

FAA Actions:

I have had a completely clean record, passing every checkride for my ratings and part 135 checks.

However, I did get a warning letter from the FAA last year because of a problem I had with my former employer.

I cannot go into specific details with the forum, but my employer "threw me under the bus" by assigning me in an airplane that was apprarently grounded.

When I say he "threw me under the bus", this is an understatement. Even the FAA Investigator told me that my employer did me wrong in this instance.

I understand I was at fault, but I resigned from the company the following day due to safety concerns (rightfully so!).

My question here is, Do I blame the employer for his negligence, when he was clearly at fault, or do i just bite the bullet and say "Oh yeah, im such a crappy pilot that I felt I just couldnt work for him anymore"

Sorry for the loaded question, any help would be appreciated.