View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
8Lpearlchannel
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Seatownflyer View Post
I shipped something in December at Kinko's. The clerk was kind of annoying and told me FDX was going to eliminate the discount starting in Jan. I just rolled my eyes and said 'whatever'. Haven't heard anything about it since. *shrug* Anyone else?

I shipped a bunch of stuff TO HAWAII from a FedEx Kinko's office in downtown Minneapolis using one of their standard boxes for $13 (2-day air) two years ago around Christmas. As the clerk was ringing me up he mentioned to me how great of a discount airline employees receive.

A half hour later that same day my cousin asks me to ship his stuff to Montana for him. When he shows up and I try to use my discount, the supervisor tells me: "We don't do airline discounts two weeks prior to Christmas. Everybody knows that." REALLY? Just a half hour ago one of your employees was able to apply that discount and accepted my package and now all of a sudden you can't do it.

I was baffled. The next day I jumpseated to Montana with gifts in hand to deliver to relatives myself. I haven't tried to ship anything via FedEx since.