View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Laxrox43
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: A320/321 FO

digitofyou,

Let me ask you something?...Would you move out of state to go to a top notch, well-respected Community College program - and then finish your bachelors online? If you would be interested in this, I would check out Lehigh Carbon Community College in Schnecksville,PA. The regular academics are done in Schnecksville, and the Aviation classes are done at Lehigh Valley Intl. Airport at Hangar 7. The 'Chief Pilot' of the program is an amazing guy who has been flying since the 60's and has a LOVE for aviation.

I would suggest a smaller program like this because the teachers are there because they love aviation and they want nothing more for you than for you to suceed as a pilot. I attended Florida Tech for 3 semesters, and barely learned a thing because they sort of 'push' you through. I didn't learn a damn thing...But then I transfered back home to LCCC and in one semester there, I learned WAY more in one semester then I did in 3 semesters at FIT.

If you follow me...I think a smaller institution is the way to go. These guys are there because they love aviation. They have so 'war stories' and make everything interesting and fun. There would be 3 flight schools to choose from to do your flight training. Ace Pilot Training, Moyer Aviation, and Gateway Aviation. I fly out of Gateway. If you want any more information on this matter, Private Message me, and I can give you contact info.

Hope this helps.
D