Old 12-07-2005, 03:02 PM
ChrisH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by love2fly
CitationJason--

It really is a gamble, because most of us have all dreamed of being that "airliine pilot," and it will just take a big pay cut. My buddy made a good point to, he siad even if you get with one regional, it doesn't mean you have to stay, you could always go for another if they offer you a spot to, it happens more than you think. Don't know how true that is but it sounds about right. Anyway, I will let you know how the interview goes, I guess they don't offer to many guys a job after the interview. I am thinking that if I get offered a job, I will take it and see how things go.

Pinnacle Pilots------- What are the chances of me being able to get MSP? How long?

thanks everyone
People jump from one regional to another all of the time. I think doing so used to be viewed as a negative thing (lateral move), but now it seems to happen quite often, especially when one regional begins having problems.

I think one question you should ask yourself is; Would you rather fly for Pinnacle, or SkyWest, or does it matter? SkyWest is supposed to start hiring again in early 2006. 2006 is less than a month away. If you have a stable job right now, paying you a decent salary, and you would rather fly for SkyWest, than stick your current job out, and wait for a 'hopeful' call from SkyWest, and just use the Pinnacle interview as an interview experience.

I think any regional is what you make of it. You will hear good and bad about each. Just go with your feelings, and if Pinnacle offers you a job, and you want it, take it. If you would rather fly for SkyWest; wait and hope for a call for them. But, as I've been told before; Take the job that gets offered first.