Old 12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Foxy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: E-175 FO

Reminds me of what Dauntless software did with their logbook software a few years back, releasing an 'update' which rendered the software unusable unless you began paying them a recurring fee.

I know for a fact that I didn't sign any such license when I bought the software; I always read the license when I initially purchase something, and I -never- buy software that I have to pay a fee to continue to use.

Dauntless' justification was that since they don't charge for upgrades "All the users who never had to pay got a great deal, for years, since they got free updates for all that time."

Meanwhile all my logbook data was locked away in that program, and I had to start all over with LogTen pro. (I absolutely will not be extorted)

I suppose it worked out better, in the end, as LogTen is much better software, but I'm still sore about that one and always will be.

The best part was that he mocked the 'whiners' who posted their complaints, and said "The license was always that way! We just never enforced it." (It was not)

I will never use or recommend Dauntless soft for anything for anybody again.

~Fox