View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Moe Rudda
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ/FO

I am a flight instructor and was diagnosed with Crohn's a year ago November. I was out of work untill this past September. I was told that this past year they were totally overwhelmed and running way behind schedule. Your results may vary. Life Style wise, everyone is different and the Doctors know nothing about our diseases. They have a bunch of drugs that may work or may not, you'll find out which one you are! Read the clinical results about the individual drugs. They have low sucess rates in my opinion. Once you come to terms with being uncomfortable once in a while and give up certian foods life goes on. For your medical you only need to submit a status letter to Oaklahoma City but it must contain these elements:
When the disease occured, when a firm diagnosis was reached, how it was managed, weather or not there has been surgery, the medications and dosages, prognosis.
Go to the FAA web site and find the number for CAMI, (Civil Aerospace Medical Institute) call them every week. Fax them a letter citing your hardship as a professional pilot expressing that the time spent waiting is harming you financialy. It takes a while and may or may not work but doing nothing will only drive you more crazy. The point is that at the end of the day you too will have your first class back (like I do.)

Good luck buddy.