View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #4  
jonnyjetprop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Yes, no matter what, you can take off with 1sm vis. You need something to go lower and your carrier must be approved to use it.

Example: An early FAR 135 cargo carrier that I worked for didn't have the authorty to use lower than standard minimums. The company tried to force us to depart because it was posted on the jepp plate.

Example two: Working for another FAR 135 carrier as an IP, we had several aircraft along with a MD-88 preparing to take off on a foggy morning in KOAK. The problem was that the runway lighting that allowed the reducded TO minimums was inop. I asked the tower if they thought it would be fixed because I needed them to TO. Needless to say, everyone waited for the wx to improve. This is why you have the laudry list of TO minimums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealOC View Post
So let me make sure I have it all straight. So lets assume its a small airport we are talking about...and all they have listed is STD: 1 mile or 50 RVR and Adequate visual reference 1/4 mile or RVR 16. So in this situation my takeoff minimums would be 1 mile, unless company ops specs approved the lower than standard minimums of 1/4 mile or 16 RVR.

I guess I dont really understand why they post both for Jeppesen charts.