Old 12-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by mooney View Post
it is a very small percentage getting that. maybe 10 guys if that I'm guessing. But yes that is a bit excessive...

to play devils advocate and watch the arguments, is it stealing when someone who has been here 2 years and is going to get a hypothetical $2000 wants to take $3000 of the guy's money who has been here 5 years and was going to get 8K but is now only gets 5K because the 2 year guy thinks he deserves as much? who has lost out on more lost wages/bennies over that time period?

hold on lemme make some popcorn...

fwiw my bonus is about middle of the road any way we do it so i'm not totally biased...

To bust the hypothetical, you can't have stolen what was never rightfully yours to begin with. If we had just had a communication that said "The company has attached $10 million to be allocated as a signing bonus once the TA is ratified" and no one knew what they were getting, this wouldn't even be an issue. As it is, some guys went "Holy crap! I'm getting more than two first year FOs together. I'm gonna go buy another car or a boat!!!" Then the TA was voted down. They see it as they're losing money, but how can they lose what was never theirs to start with?

They're also pushing to recall one of the guys that came up with the new, more fair method of bonus distribution even though it was a unanimous vote on the MEC. Might as well recall EVERY ONE of the MEC members, too. They voted for it.

Personally, I'm for a fair distribution. I'd LOVE to see full retro, but at this point the company couldn't afford it. I'd be looking at a six figure check myself, and I've only been here for close to 5 years, 2 of those as an FO. So, the best thing to do is be as fair as possible, which I think the new method is. It's a "best of both worlds" scenario, but the senior guys that were gonna be catching a windfall in TA1 think their world is should be bigger.