Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM
erictgill
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: Student

Originally Posted by Ryanthepilot View Post
Ok i understand everyone here is concerned about Debt and money situations and i understand what you mean.BTW sorry if i did runon sentences it was 2 in the morning when i posted it.Well see like im supposed to move to Florida in my senior year,My whole family is.The place here in TN is funded by a college so i get 2 yrs free at a local college.What i will do is maybe move to Sanford when i graduate take a 2 yr community college and go to here Aerosim Technologies – Aerosim Flight Academy – Aerosim Training Services and then after aerosim finish my rest of 2 yrs at embry riddle cause ill have instate tution Tell me what you think? .Aerosim offers Quality Airline training you gain up to 800 hours.I have a friend that go's there and he said hes already spent abotu 50K but yet he has 750 hours.Also i want to become a flight instructor at a school to gain extra hours.Community college and Aerosim is looking better and better from these discouragments to not go to UND or ERAU
Sounds like a plan the only issue is that ERAU is a private university and only offers tuition at a flat rate. 1,190 per credit hr roughly 29,720 per year - This is according to college board College Search - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - ERAU - Cost & Financial Aid
If you transfer your going to end up tagging on 60k on top of your community college debt (if any).
Broward College in Ft Lauderdale, FL. offers a Associates in Aviation and I believe they have a partnership with Aerosim Academy. The Tuition cost is very reasonable and the only concern you should have is paying flight fees. Make sure your 2 years of free college includes lab fees and if so how much. As Far as transfering to ERAU keep your options open for now. When the time comes for transfering see what choices you have and which best fits you.
I'll be attending Aerosim next month in Houston, im doing the same type of program at a 2yr community college here. Aerosim bought out Delta Connection Academy about a year ago so the operations is undergoing many changes. From what I have herd Delta Connection Academy had alot of bugs in its system.

Last edited by erictgill; 01-09-2011 at 06:08 PM.