View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM
SkyStormer6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Hawker 800XP/G280 PIC

I have towed for 2 different companies. The first, in Myrtle Beach, was pretty typical. Horrible planes and very low pay. Had to pay for part of training too. I managed not to kill myself or have any incident whatsoever. Others were not so lucky. The second company, down in Hollywood, FL (ft. lauderdale basically) couldn't be farther from the first. Top notch mx dept. Pay was $45/hr. 2 hr weather cancelation pay. Tons of x-country time. Didn't pay a dime for training. Got job #1 with 250tt, 5 tw. The latter company has been known to hire both experienced banner towers and low timers. They usually like to see at least 25 tw. If I could do it again I never would have worked for the Myrtle outfit and would have tried to get on with the HollyHood guys. Draggin rags can be dangerous, I'll admit. But if you are careful and the company takes care of their equipment and pilots, it can be a great way to build time. I got 1200 hrs in 2 summers basically. Anyone can PM me for more info. Be glad to go into more detail.