View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
SErickson
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: M88B

Originally Posted by CRJPlt View Post
I see what you are saying and that wouldn't be all bad, but I've heard (from a SLI committee member) that the furloughs stand a chance of being placed at the bottom of everyone hired prior to 7/1/10, and after the new hires are put in DOH since furloughs are considered inactive employees and pretty much as nobodys in a list. Don't know how this will shake out, but if it were to go this way I would hope I could resign from XJ or something to ensure I don't lose that much seniority
From the perspective of the respective Merger Committees, the seniority lists that are being integrated only include those hired before 7/1/10. When they speak of the 'bottom of the list', they are probably referencing the bottom of the list they are working on which would still be in front of everyone hired after 7/1/10. Integration of anyone hired after 7/1/10 is already resolved and it will be DOH across all carriers.

It is guaranteed that you will fair better with your furloughed Mesaba seniority regardless how the list turns out.