View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
For someone with 10,000 posts you seem to struggle with having a conversation.

I cited sources. why don't you cite sources?
You don't have the big picture...I can't cite enough sources to give you decades of education and industry experience.

So what about going from 3 or 4 man crews to 2. You still have 2 functioning pilots in case something happens to the other. That seem that far fetched?
That's plausible if rest requirements are met.

If you go from 2 to 1 and UAV type capabilities as a backup, couldn't they argue that is safer than what we have now which provides no backup if both pilots becoming incapacitated?

THIS IS NOT PLAUSIBLE! THIS IS WHAT YOU DON'T GET! "UAV TYPE CAPABILITIES" WILL GUARANTEE NUMEROUS CATASTROPHIC, FATAL ACCIDENTS ! THE USAF HAS LOST 50% OF THE PREDS TO NON_COMBAT ACCIDENTS! EXISTING UAV TECHNOLOGY WILL NOT WORK FOR AIRLINERS! YOU NEED NEW, BETTER, FAR MORE EXPENSIVE TECHNOLOGY!

The odds of both pilots keeling over is statistically low enough that the FAA is OK with it. It has never happened during the jet age that I am aware of.

As in they can't write a certification standard tomorrow? As in Part 121 single pilot ops isn't already being trained or performed today? Life as a LCA can be exciting.
They can't do ANYTHING tomorrow, it would take decades. But the real question is why would they do it??? Who's paying, and why?

See way above. BTW, so the FAA is okay with Part 91/135 aircraft crashing but not Part 121? Part 135/91 are expendable?
YES, THEY ARE "EXPENDABLE"...do you not even understand the current regulatory structure of the industry you are in???

SINGLE PILOT 91/135 OPS ARE ALLOWED ON THE ASSUMPTION THAT SOMEONE CHARTERING AN AIRPLANE KNOWS WHAT HE'S GETTING INTO! There was a crash in Idaho (?) not long ago that was apparently caused by incapacitation...the family that chartered the airplane died. But they saved money on that co-pilot!

The general public (part 121) on the other hand, is not "informed" and has to have everything taken care of for them.

Oh yeah, and after 10,000 posts you have got to be near the top as far as talking a lot about things which you do not and apparently cannot fully comprehend. I'm not going to feed this troll anymore. Bur either way, we'll know for sue in 20 years. Out.