View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:55 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by kc135driver View Post
I've been following these threads for a couple days and have to say that this appears a completely illogical argument on IPA's part, almost like a last minute ditch effort to scare the last few? I have no dog in this fight, just a furloughed UAL dude with too much time on my hands.

1) So if IPA doesn't get enough cards, and the NPRM passes as is, then according to this letter a FQS will be non-flying and no longer a threat to IPA? Right? No more special mgmt reserves, ie recalls commence? Isn't this a win for IPA?

2) If IPA does get enough cards, and NPRM passes as is, a FQS can still become a non-flying position? So again, where is the extra gain for IPA if the NPRM is a done deal.

3) I understand the furlough/seniority issue, but how does this convince a FQS to turn in their card when the IPA has no more power to stop the NPRM than apparently UPS management has?

4) Finally, if this was all kept a secret from FQS types, then exactly which department crafted UPS's reply to the NPRM? The janitors? Why would they want to hire more FQSs if the below is true. AA also responded and said they would need 2200+ more pilots. Can we believe any of these comments verbatim or are they being used for political purposes.

Again, sorry for interruption. I'll go back to eating my popcorn or dealing with our own screwed up saga over at the new UniCal.

Thanks-

KC

Excellent post, you have made some very good points here and showed some original thinking. Apparently, we try to discourage that, it doesn't fit well with the desired narrative.