Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
urge
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Default More FedEx app qu's (mil n contract help)

1. I was previously a Naval Aviator. For employment there is a dropdown menu which asks "If Employer Type is a military branch,
please indicate your current status
with that branch". The choices are only Active, Reserve, or Guard. I'm discharged and no longer active or a reservist (active or inactive). I'm detached, so i left it blank (---select--).

2. Is anyone doing a contract gig (IE. Korean Air, ANA, or whoever where you commute to and from the US). What type of "employer type" is it considered? Part 121 or other? It's a foreign carrier that abides by FAA rules when flying in the US, but isn't that Part 128 or something like that, so you put "other". Not sure if that's good or bad for the point system.

3. Also for contract flying: it asks "if you have resided outside the US for more than 6 months in the last 5 years". I'm putting no, since my home is in the US and i commute back and forth. I'm actually on the Gen Dec when going from the US and back as Extra crew. I'm using the word 'reside' as a physical place that you would consider a home (where you pay rent). I'm also considering myself the same as a US carrier where the crew travels internationally and stays at company paid hotels and are out of the US for 14 days a month. I'm considering my employer my recruiter, since the foreign carrier does not consider us as employees, but independent contractors. Anyone see any issue with this?

Thanks in advance!